Data Export Module
**Note** US States sales totals are presented in USD and Canadian provinces are presented in CAD.
The data in these download dashboards are based on market forecasts. Headset uses data supplied by state or provincial governments to determine total Adult Use Cannabis sales each month. Until government data is available Headset forecasts the total market sales volume, thus monthly sales totals can change as we adjust our market forecasts or when we receive finalized state totals.
In some of the downloaded data, there will be 2 different columns for prices as described below
Average Item Price: This is the average price per unit the consumer pays at the dispensary. This is after any discounts have been applied but before taxes. It will be a net figure.
Average EQ Price: This is the average equivalised price. This normalizes product sizes to give us more of an apples-to-apples comparison of price. In inhalable categories, it’s the price per gram (based on weight), and in non-inhalable categories, it’s the price per milligram of THC in the package.
For example: If an eighth of Flower (3.5 grams) was sold for $35 its average item price is $35 and its EQ price is $10 (or $10/gram).
If a 100mg package of Edibles sold for $20 its average item price is $20 and its EQ price is $.20 ($0.20/mg of THC).
Follow these steps to download data:
- Select the data export dashboard of your choice
- Configure the filters at the top of the dashboard
- Run the report by clicking on the reload button in the upper right corner
- Once the data populates, click the 3 vertical dots in the upper right-hand corner of the data table.
- Select the ‘Download Data’ option from the menu.
- Select the data format, name your output file, and press ‘Download’
The Package Size export has 6 filters as shown below.
- Date Range - time frame you wish to see data for
- Market filter - is limited to the markets where you have a current subscription. If you are subscribed to multiple markets, the option to multi-select markets is available.
- Granularity filter - will group the results by your selection here (Week, Month, Quarter, Year).
- Category filter - will display all the categories in your subscription. If you are subscribed to multiple categories, the option to multi-select categories is available.
- Brand filter - can be used to limit brands included in the download. Brand data is limited to the categories of your selection. The default is all brands.
- Segment filter - is limited to the segments within the category or categories of your filter selection. You can select multiple segments.
- Package Size filter - allows you to focus your download on a specific package size within the category and/or segment you chose
Rows in tables with less than $5k in sales are excluded from the download. Data aggregates information at the Market level.
The Category export has 5 filters as shown below. These filters work in the same way as our other export dashboards. Data aggregates information at the Market and Category levels.
The Segments export has 6 filters as shown below. These filters work in the same way as our other export dashboards. Data aggregates information at the Market, Category, and Segment levels.
The Brands export has 6 filters as shown below. These filters work in the same way as our other export dashboards. Data aggregates information at the Market and Category levels. You can use the Brand filter here to select particular brands to export or you can also leave the Brand filter blank and run the report for all brands that apply to your other selected filters.
The Total Market dashboard has 3 filters as shown below. These filters work in the same way as our other export dashboards. Data aggregates information at the Market level. The market totals provided here are based on your subscription.
Example: If you are only subscribed to Flower and Pre-rolls in a market, then the market totals listed here will be representative of those categories only.